Thursday, July 8, 2010

We Survived!


First, I would like to say that I am sorry for not updating the content of the blog until now. I've been busy.

Summer camp was amazing. We had such an amazing time experiencing God. The facilities were decent, the sun was bearing down, we were all short on sleep, but God was there. We so often ask God to "show up." I have found myself say in the past, " God it would be awesome if you would should up tonight. It would be great if you were here for this event." But I have learned some valuable lessons while working on this camp. God was there. He was there before we arrived. I don't need to ask God to show up, because He is already there. I didn't need to invite God to the party, He invited me! What we witnessed was God moving in the hearts and minds of our students. I am glad to report that several did commit their lives to Christ, several made recommitted, but what really rocked my world was the "church kids" who finally decided they wanted to be salt & light in a broken world. There are students who were wonderfully saved and they have such powerful testimonies. There are also students who would say they have been Christians as long as they can remember, but at camp they decided to live like it. God was there.

Our theme for the week was "Salt & Light." We challenged the youth to come home and live out their faith in radical ways. Don't settle for your best life now or becoming a better you. Ditch your life, die to self, and follow Christ. I watched a light go off in some of the student's minds. God moved. Pray that the students would continue to pursue this God who calls us to serve the broken.

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment